Exams & Revision
For information regarding exams please contact Mrs Gill McLean (Exams Officer)
Tel: 016977 45719 Email: email@example.com
A Level & AS Level Results will be available on Thursday, 15 August 2019
from Reception (doors will open at 8.00am)
GCSE Results will be available on Thursday, 22 August 2019
from Reception (doors will open at 8.30am)
Staff will be available to welcome students, family and friends.
Result sheets issued on Results Days are provisional results. The exam boards do not issue certificates until the end of October, after the review deadline has passed. Certificates are not posted home as exam boards do not replace certificates lost in the post. You can collect certificates on Presentation Evening in December, or alternatively you can collect them from school after this date.
IF YOU CANNOT COLLECT YOUR RESULTS IN PERSON
Please send a stamped addressed envelope in to the Exams Office if you want your results posted home. If you want someone else to collect your results for you please send a note or email the Exams Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to say who you want to collect your results on your behalf (make sure you give your name and date of birth or candidate number and also the name of the person collecting the results). Please remember that if somebody is collecting results on your behalf they must bring some form of identity with them.
SIXTH FORM INFORMATION & GUIDANCE
- Between Thursday, 15 & Friday, 16 August, Sixth Form staff will be in school to provide information, advice and guidance after receiving A Level Results.
- Between Wednesday, 21 & Friday, 23 August, staff will be in school to provide you with any information, advice and guidance for both A Level and GCSE result
- Out with these days you can contact staff by email should you need to speak to someone – please send a message to: email@example.com
EXAM OFFICE OPENING HOURS
- Monday, 12 August to Friday, 23 August daily (8.00am – 4.00pm).
- After Friday, 23 August the Exams Office will re-open on Tuesday, 3 September (Inset Day), and will then be open as usual from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm daily during term time.
POST RESULTS SERVICES (Review of Marking and Access to Scripts)
- GCSE Results Enquiries Information Summer 2019
- GCE (A Level) Results Enquiries Information Summer 2019
- Summer 2019 GCSE Review Request
- Summer 2019 GCE (A Level) Review Request
All enquiries MUST be sent to the exam boards via the Exams Office at William Howard School. The exam boards will not process any enquiries directly submitted from a candidate or parent. If you request any one of these services, consent must be given on the appropriate forms available. This is to ensure that you have read and understood that candidates’ marks and subject grades may be confirmed, lowered or raised.
Please note that the exam boards will not accept any late requests for these services. Candidates will be charged per unit/component for all qualifications, however a refund will follow if the grade changes.
Wellbeing During Exams
Exams can be an extremely challenging and stressful time. Click here for advice and sources of support for students’ wellbeing during exam times.
Information for Candidates
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice
- Information for candidates – Social media
- Information for candidates – Written exams
- Information for candidates – Controlled Assessments
- Information for candidates – Completing Coursework
- NEA Review of Marking: Candidate Policy
- NEA Review of Marking: Staff Policy
Categories of sanctions of exam boards for mobile phones infringements:
- Not in the candidates possession but active e.g. ringing in bag – WARNING LETTER
- In the candidates possession switched ON or OFF, but no evidence of use – ZERO FOR THE UNIT THEY ARE SITTING AT THE TIME
On the candidate and evidence of use e.g. texting or answering a call – DISQUALIFIED FROM THE SUBJECT
Maximum penalty for repeated offences – 2 YEAR BAN FROM SITTING ANY EXAM WITH ANY OF THE EXAM BOARDS