Result sheets issued on Results Days are provisional results. The exam boards do not issue certificates until the end of October, after the appeal period has passed. Certificates are not posted home as exam boards do not replace certificates lost in the post. You can collect certificates on Presentation Evening in December, or alternatively you can collect them from school after this date.
Post Results Services (Review of Marking and Access to Scripts)
As a result of the cancellation of the summer 2020 exam series for GCSE, GCE AS and A level qualifications, there are no post results services (Review of Marking and Access to Scripts) taking place apart from appeals. The guidance for Summer 2020 appeals process is set out by JCQ, please refer to https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/appeals/
An appeal may be submitted if the head of centre considers that:
- the awarding body did not apply procedures consistently, or procedures were not followed properly and fairly; or
- the awarding body used the wrong data in calculating results; or
- the result generated was incorrectly issued by the awarding body to one or more candidates.
All enquiries regarding appeals MUST be sent to the exam boards via the Exams Office at William Howard School. The exam boards will not process any enquiries directly submitted from a candidate or parent. Consent must be given by the student, as to ensure that you have read and understood that candidates’ marks and subject grades may be confirmed, lowered or raised.
Exams for the Autumn Series will take place as follows:
- AS and A-level exams: Monday 5 October to Friday 23 October (entries to be received no later than Thursday, 3 September)
- GCSE exams: Monday 2 November to Monday 23 November (entries to be received no later than Wednesday, 16 September).
For information regarding exams please contact Mrs Gill McLean (Exams Officer)
Tel: 016977 45719