At William Howard School we are committed to delivering high quality careers, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) for all of our students. Our aim is to equip our students with the knowledge and skills to enable them to make effective choices, understand their career and progression routes, and enable them to manage smooth transitions on to the next stage of learning or work. At key milestones throughout the students’ education, we provide support, advice and guidance to ensure realistic and informed decisions are made to help them to progress to higher education, apprenticeships and the world of work.
Every year group follows a careers education programme which aims to raise aspirations and provide students with a better understanding of the possible pathways ahead. On Tuesday, 15 June all students will take part in a STEM themed careers event across the school day, working with a wide range of local employers from industries linked to curriculum subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. The day will of course run within the current school operational guidelines.
- Year 7 will attend a range of interactive workshops with the employers during Periods 1 and 2 to excite them about the possibilities of careers in STEM related industries.
- Year 8 will similarly take part in these sessions during Periods 4 and 5.
- During Break 1, Year 9 will be invited to drop in and meet the employers and take part in some of the hands-on activities.
- During Break 2, Year 10 will similarly be invited to drop in and meet the employers and take part in some of the hands-on activities.
- Year 12 students will come along to the Performance Hall on a rotational basis during Period 3 to find out more about academic and apprenticeship routes into STEM related careers.
Within school we have a STEM Co-ordinator, Mr Ling, and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org. He can answer any questions you may have about STEM in the curriculum. If you have any questions about careers education within William Howard School please contact me on email@example.com.
We are looking forward to the event and seeing our students being able to meet and interact with local businesses and future employers in person.
Associate Assistant Headteacher – Careers Lead