Plan for the long term by making connections with us today. Students at William Howard School will benefit from access to your knowledge, expertise, and support, and you will benefit by cultivating the attitudes and skills you need for the future workforce focusing on local labour market information and future skills gaps.
What is in it for you?
- You can inspire talented young people to work for you/your sector
- Make a positive impact whilst raising awareness of your company
- You will be giving something back to your local area, while boosting your company’s profile
- It is great for staff development. Employees who do talks at schools or mentor work placements will grow in confidence and gain a sense of achievement in supporting young people, as well as developing their planning, communication and presentation skills.
- You will get the chance to network and make contacts with other businesses
Ways to get involved:
- Prepare future employees for the world of work by taking on a leaving student as an apprentice; school outreach is a great way to spot future talent
- Pass on knowledge of your sector through talks, workshops and workplace visits – all the while raising the profile of your business
- Offer a work experience placement
- Help students be “work ready” through activities like mentoring, mock interviews.
Give back, get involved and raise your profile! If you can help us in supporting the next generation in any way, please contact our Careers Lead, Mrs Tracey Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of Careers Mornings 2023/24
- Years 11 & 13 Apprentice Fair – Monday 9th October 2023
- Year 11 Work Experience – Monday 11th to Friday 15th December 2023
- Year 9 Options IAG Morning – Monday 11th March 2024
- Years 7 & 8 IAG Day – Monday 29th April 2024
- Year 12 Work Experience – Monday 8th July to Friday 12th July 2025
- Year 10 Mock Interview and Post 16 Morning – Monday 8th July 2025